ELESDOPA double-wall or multiple-wall elements can be used for walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, arches, bridges, dams etc.
The building procedure is as follows:
- A support is shaped into the desired form. Usually this support is made of expanded polystyrene or a similar thermal insulating material.
- The support has perforations into which connectors are inserted.
- Steel reinforcements are attached on both sides of the support.
- Concrete or mortar is shot against both sides of the support (shotcrete)covering the steel reinforcements.
- The connectors which stick out of the concrete are bent towards the wall to further close the structure.
- Finally, successive layers of concrete are shot to consolidate the wall once the previous layers are settled and hardened. There is no need to provide covering material.